Zone 6" suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright guys I finally ordered my suspension lift last week and I should be recieving it by Wednesday the 6th. I just wanted to ask a quick question, since I plan on installing this kit myself (with the help of a few friends) this coming weekend. I wanted to ask the guys who have put a suspension system on their trucks what the major hurtles y'all ran into were? What kind of special tools do I need to do this? Also How long it took you start to finish?

Thanks in advance all

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Torsion Bar removal will be a PIA, lots of penetrating oil every where. :superhack:
Good Luck and post lots of pics!!!
I need to install my lift this spring!!!! I've only had it sitting for over a year :insane:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for torsion bars.... if you can get the TB bar removal tool it helps.... also get friends that can do majority of the work will help too...lol but in my opinion a body lift is a lot harder

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also just like a body lift... clean and clean the undercarriage well a couple of times and spray down bolts with PBblaster the night before and let them soak.... you will defiantly appreciate it when your doing the lift........

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and last thing.... TAKE PICS while you are doing it so you can help future expy owners..... please...

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Expeditionary, If you have to remove the rear control arms, plan on either having a new bolt or dropping the gas tank. The upper bolt on the driver's side control arms where it connects to the frame can only be removed if you either: 1) drop the gas tank, or 2) cut the head of the bolt off and then pull the rest of the bolt out from the outside of the frame rail.

Depending on how your area is, you may have a litlte bit of trouble getting the torsion bars out, but, remember, a BFH is your friend. LMAO.

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice I'll def be renting a Tbar removal tool from my local auto parts store. Walnuts, you saying that a body lift is harder just gave me 10x more confidence that I can do this. Also I have 2-4 people who will be helping me out with this. Thermo the thing with the control arm bolt worries me a little bit but I think we'll be able to get it done. I also have a 3" body lift so it may not be a big pain to drop the gas tank or possibly get at that bolt from the top side. I'll try and take as many pics as I can but I can't promise a whole lot, probably gonna take pics of the hardest parts during the install.