Expy won't start. No crank just buzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Dbert

Reaction score
Please help guys. I had the starter replaced and my expy won't start. I read in an earlier post that the relay and cjb go bad for the PCM and swapped out the relay and the truck started right up. Now I turned it off and went inside and came back out to start it again and won't start again. I can't seem to find what the problem is now. Can anybody help me out with this problem?

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you try the relay agin if yes you might have a short somewhere maybe in new starter somehow or somewhere in ur wiring. ill do what i can to help on not always on 2nd gen side of things but if i dont respond pm me.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
it might be the socket where the relay goes, maybe melted

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im guess you have an 03, probably early build. Does your odometer have dashes instead of numbers?

You'll need to replace the fuse box. Poor initial design melts the PCM relay, which doesn't let you start the truck. They updated the fuse box a few months later. There's a thread, probably under my name, with part numbers that you'll need based on build date.

Before I knew what it was, I was able to go a few months, just replacing relays as they fried every few weeks. One day, the truck just shut off while driving. It wouldn't start up, even after a change in relay. Had to swap out the CJB.