info on the 3.5/2.5" leveling/lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IWINULUZ

Reaction score
I am interested in doing this 3.5/2.5" level/lift on my Expy any good information on this kit including where to buy. I have searched online and haven't been able to find anything more than 3/2" kit. How does it ride and what biggest tires I can fit with or without trimming? Any and all info appreciated very much.

Last edited:

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3/2 is the most you can get with a "real" company. a truxxx kit is 2.75/2(thats why they say 33's) even though it says 3/2. The ready lift is a 3/2(which i believe says 35's). If you want a warranty then stick to a 3/2 from a real company. I got my 3.5/2.5 from ebay(a company called leveling.suspension). the kit is not always on his site. I bought another set from someone else and he sent me a spring spacer that went in the springs and not on top of struts like i wanted. the ones i sent back claimed 37's but i highly doubt that. I'm running 285/70/17(33's) but i could fit 35's but might have to trim a little bit.

here is a link to pics of my lift.
http://www.expeditionforum.com/f47/spacer-lift-fronts-2nd-gen-17356/

hope this helps

OP
OP
I

IWINULUZ

Reaction score
this is exactly what i needed to know. thank you truck looks great and as someone else mentioned probably remove running boards on mine and replace with nerf bars. i found the 3.5 and 2.5 on ebay. great stuff thank you

-Jason

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just make sure you get what you ordered. like i said the other company sent me spring spacers. said they gave a free upgrade to the aluminum ones even though they were the same price. As far as the ride goes i haven't noticed any difference since putting the lift on. but i put the tires on before the lift. as for the running board removal cant right now. i can easily get in and out with as tall as i am, but gf and mom need the running boards.

donalds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is the ones i used
STEEL F 3.5" R 2.5" COIL SPACERS BODY SUSPENSION LEVELING LIFT KIT 2WD 4WD !79 | eBay

it rides the same as before except maybe a little top heavy. i am running a 285 75 17 (34 in) nitto terra grappler with no rub. if i used spacers for the wheels or wheels with more offset i think it would eliminate that feel. but either way i am very pleased.

the mechanics at the dealership installed them and it took like not time and was easy. i still have not had my alignment done and it has no abnormal wear

Attachments

• 3E13Kb3l15X55Jc5M4cb3c7142a46a9fb1e76.jpg
    3E13Kb3l15X55Jc5M4cb3c7142a46a9fb1e76.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 14,238

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great Donald's! The countdown is on for ours. We are going to use our present wheels but they will soon be black, and we will be using 33x12.50/22 Fuel Offroad Mud Gripper tires

donalds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that will look great with those wheels. i plastic-dipped my wheels today. i will take pics tomorrow when i get the tires shined up.

OP
OP
I

IWINULUZ

Reaction score
i was looking at this same lift kit, how does it feel? Think 35's would fit with this kit?

Well you are in luck I bought the 2.5/3.5" lift kit and ended up selling my truck. If you want ill sell you the whole kit brand new never used for $100 + shipping I paid $180+shipping.
I'm not on here much anymore but if you private message me on here I should get the message via email . Let me know.

-Jason