Double Din Stereo Installtion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Sony XAV-60 Double Din stereo. Before purchasing the stereo I took all the measurements to make sure that the radio would fit into the space. all the measurements were good, but when I purchased the double din mounting bracket it said that I would have to modify the sub-dash to make it all fit. Does anyone have a double din stereo installed and if you do could you please help me out and tell me what you had to modify, if anything, please. Thanks

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a bar that slants down towards the engine's direction you need to remove that.
possible the bar inbetween stereo and AC controls.
mine was easy to install

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
so that bar is in the back of the opening and do i with ***** or a small saw? but other than that its an easy modification?...thanks for the help

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
small saw, this is what the dash looks like right now after makin it fit
it fits snug in there and dont need a cage or dash kit
im gonna make a fiberglassed casing for the front peice since i dont like how carpet materials look on the dash.

Attachments

• 103_3058.jpg
    103_3058.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 103_3059.jpg
    103_3059.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,273
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
cool thanks for posting the pics....i noticed that you didnt have to cut the top....i was looking at other pics people posted up here and they cut about 1/4 of an inch off the top piece....guess when i get back from this deployment i will have to see which way to do it.....but i now know what definately needs to be cut.....that bar in the back and the piece between the ac control and radio...thanks again for the postings.