‘21 expedition shuts off at traffic light!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

123schmoo

Reaction score
my expedition suddenly shut down at the traffic light, after it turned off the dash lights came up and disappeared. I was able to put in park and start again. This has happened 3 times. I’ve turned the auto stop off but have to keep doing it and not even sure if that’s the issue. Waiting for an appt at the dealership who want to charge me $200 just to look at it. The warranty is about to expire if it hasn’t already it’s a 2021 with 34k. Anybody have this issue? Was it electrical? Alternator? Was it covered? Thanks so much

Expoxone

Reaction score
Mine just started doing the same thing. If I were to guess, I'd say it's the ECU going bad... If it keeps happening, I'm going to try unplugging the negative side of the battery for a few hours and see if that resets the computer. Sometimes that's all it needs. Let me know what you find out.

OP
OP

123schmoo

Reaction score
I took it to a ford service today after 5 hours they told me it stopped 3 times for them and so after checking they found ford had a call out & so reprogrammed the PCM and replaced the battery. So far it’s working.

Grizguy

Reaction score
If you have not already done so. Buy the autostop delete.. Well worth it. Easy install. 10.. 15 minutes

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low voltage definitely causes lots of odd behavior!!! It will still start but various systems will fail or behave inconsistently and progressively gets worse.