‘22 Center Display Shortcut Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mothnuts

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I get that two taps instead of one isn’t that big of a deal, it’s just remembering when you are used to quick access in the heat of the moment. It just surprises me they took away a shortcut. The big screen is cool, but it kind of complicates something that doesn’t have to be. I really like the screen in my ‘22 F150. I’m not sure why they had to reinvent the big screen idea. The rest of the vehicle is fine, but they didn’t change that much.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wifes Grand Cherokee is like this, 2 stupid screen taps and waiting on the dumb screen. by the time she finds the camera near a parking space someone's honking at her to get out of the way! lol. I just sit and laugh.
To each their own, but in my ‘22 the camera is on within 2 seconds, no one has ever honked at me in that short of time.
Then again I am used to parking big vehicles in days before 360 cameras so this is a perk not a need.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get that two taps instead of one isn’t that big of a deal, it’s just remembering when you are used to quick access in the heat of the moment. It just surprises me they took away a shortcut. The big screen is cool, but it kind of complicates something that doesn’t have to be. I really like the screen in my ‘22 F150. I’m not sure why they had to reinvent the big screen idea. The rest of the vehicle is fine, but they didn’t change that much.

Yea , agreed. Shortcuts would be good and adding extra buttons at the bottom where the hazard lights are would be easy.

OP
OP
Mothnuts

Mothnuts

Reaction score
To each their own, but in my ‘22 the camera is on within 2 seconds, no one has ever honked at me in that short of time.
Then again I am used to parking big vehicles in days before 360 cameras so this is a perk not a need.
This is more of a thing for my wife who would probably prefer a mini van if given her choice, but I “highly encouraged” a vehicle I’d enjoy driving as well. She’s had a full size SUV for 5 years or so, but the camera really helps at times. It’s just something she liked better about her old Expedition. First world problems I know. Lol

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stellantis has the gold standard with their UConnect 5 system. It has custom profiles as well as custom
pages/buttons. Including the surround view cameras.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A quick access button would be nice to pull it up at random times. BUT when in normal use Ford designed it to come on before everything else. When you start and backup its on right away even though the map and other stuff is still initializing. For parking forward it will come on right away when it detects you getting close to something.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stellantis has the gold standard with their UConnect 5 system. It has custom profiles as well as custom
pages/buttons. Including the surround view cameras.
When I tested the jeep grand cherokee l and wagoneer, you had to search for the camera views

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I tested the jeep grand cherokee l and wagoneer, you had to search for the camera views
You can create a shortcut / quick launch button at the top of the screen for the camera. Or create a custom page with a bunch of shortcut buttons. It's very customizable.