03 Expy XLT 5.4 Exhaust question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fanatic1074

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all, i am looking to increase HP and MPG without increasing sound too much. I dont mind a very little bit of sound increase but i dont want it to be to loud, this is used to be a comfort vehical and i do not want it to have a loud exhaust noise. I kinda wanted a mangna flow but its too loud, any suggestions?

starbuck478

Reaction score
I have an 03 XLT with the magnaflow performance catback kit and I love it. Not too loud and still gives you better performance while being relatively cheap I can't remember the exact figure but I got mine for under $350. Plus the stainless steel exhaust tip with the magnaflow performance exhaust logo is a huge aesthetic upgrade from stock.

OP
OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok two follow up questions. Can you hear the exhaust when running down the highway, say 70 mph? Second is where did you get the exhaust that cheap? So far best i have found was 575.

OP
OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i went with the Flowmaster cat back system and K&N CAI. Sounds good and not much noise increase. Im happy with it.