04 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomFairbourn

Reaction score
Ok I’m looking into lifting my 04. From looking everything over I think I am after a 3” front 2” rear which should get me to 33s. Does anyone have a similar build? Also I would like to replace the shocks if anyone has any recommendations. This will be my first lift so bear with my noob ass.

Thanks,

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look in the Suspension forum. Lots of info going way back. Fairly favorable mod.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got 34" on mine totally stock. 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 33.8"

it's a 4x4 SSV, so it might have already had some lift on it from the police suspension.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can put on 33 without a lift (I did stock wheels toyo a/t) With lift 35's with aftermarket wheels will just need a little trim on front valance which is plastic won't even notice it was trimmed

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JB, Did you lose any MPGs, acceleration, or performance due to the heavier tires and slightly taller gearing when you replaced the stock tires with 33s? Anything noticeable?

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Vincent, I did not notice any performance loss that I can recall MPG wise was slight to the point I almost didn't notice. Keep in mind that I was running stock wheels and the Toyo was A/T so the tread pattern was marginally more aggressive for off-roading. I do not remember the exact width of the tire but was the widest I could go on stock wheels.

Now with the 35 Toyo R/T, the performance drop and MPG is more noticeable but by all accounts not as bad as I expected

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I should have said the 33.8 tires take me to 10” total ground clearance, up from the OEM 8.9”. But, that’s calculated - i have yet to crawl underneath with a tape measure.