06 king ranch wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcflyn

Reaction score
Just bought an 06 expy king ranch with 133k.....

Got her home, and tried out the rear wiper, and nothing.... then tried front wipers, again, nothing....
Squiters don’t work either.... checked fuses, and those are good.
Where do I start diagnosing? Multi function switch? How to test it?
I find it kinda hard to believe both motors are bad (the rear arm isn’t seized through the glass, I can move it easily with window open).....

Comments, ideas, and thoughts greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

Edit: everything else on the multi function switch appears to work. (Turn signals, high beam, flash to pass). Just no wipers or washers.....

OP
OP
R

Rcflyn

Reaction score
No suggestions?
The inter web seems low on suggestions to.....

I’ve got the back panel pulled, and I’ve got 12 volts going to the rear wiper, but no voltage on any other prong regardless where the switch is set at....

Do I bite the bullet and get a new multi function switch???

I haven’t done any testing to the front yet, I hate sitting in an engine compartment pulling cowls and wiper arms to get to the wiper motor......

I can’t get this beast registered until I’ve got working wipers (ny requires an inspection within 10 days of registering)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try fuse #11 (30 amps)

Then check the connectors are snug

OP
OP
R

Rcflyn

Reaction score
So I’ve narrowed it down even further. I found out, my 02 explorer mfs is the same on my 06 expeditions. I pulled the 02 explorers mfs and the 06 expeditions. Explorers mfs don’t make the expeditions wipers or washers, front or rear, work. But the expeditions mfs works just fine in the explorer.

I talked to my mechanic today, and he said “all 4 items failing isn’t common, at least the washers should work”.....
So I think I have it narrowed down to the G.E.M.

Where exactly do I find this beast in my 06 expedition??? What does it look like? (Any pics of it??)

Any hints? Tips? Suggestions? On a gem? This will be my first encounter with a gem.

Thanks.