06 Navigator multiple electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdog003

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this is an expedition site, but I have an 06 navigator with multiple electric issues that all happened at once, shortly after my wife ran it through the car wash.

Power liftgate/glass will not open, heated cooled seats turn on for 1 sec then off, auto headlamps wont turn off, doors think they are open when closed or do not recognize when opened, and on occassion it thinks there is a fault with back up sensors. I found the post regarding checking for broken wires in the harnesses on sill/kick plates, but harness looked perfect/tested perfect. I checked the harness on drivers front and back doors and passenger front door sill plates. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

blacktail

Reaction score
Have you tried opening up your rockers to see if there is water sloshing around? There are quite a few wires running through there. Maybe this is causing your short?

When I first got my exp there was a leak in the rear glass. The gasket(?) that sealed the glass when it was closed had worked itself loos and "cut the corner" leaving an excellent channel for water to pour down into the rocker. You could hear it sloshing around. I was able to repair it with some silicon and never had the issue again.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's quite an array of issues. I think all of that is related to the body control module, aka GEM/VSM. In the Expeditions it lives forward up from the Central Junction Box(CJB) which is behind the passenger front kick panel, I suspect the same for the Navigators. Disconnect the battery, remove the passenger front floor mat and remove the front piece of the kick panel. Reseat the 3 connectors to the module. I'd also look around in that area for water including in the CJB and under the carpet.

OP
OP
C

cdog003

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, @blacktail I pulled up all the wiring as seen in the attached picture on driver and pass side are you saying there is more that run below that in actual rocker panels?

@whtbronco, I believe you are correct the bcm is located within the fuse panel at the top. When digging around in all the wiring and checking fuses it all looked brand new but I will pull out those connectors and check. As you stated water has to be getting in somewhere I just haven’t where yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 10

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're picture has the wires that I am aware of that are in or near the rocker panel. There's no wires on my passenger side rocker panel of that I am sure, the big hole I made tearing out the rust allows me to see it, :-(.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire