07-14 Memory seats/pedals/mirrors via remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d share this tid bit of information I found for making your 2007-2014 Expedition memory power seats/pedals/mirrors move into position when you hit the unlock button on your wireless remote transmitter. My truck has always moved the seat and applied memory functions AFTER I put the key in the ignition (I’d have to wait for things to get into position and starting engine interrupts this). I like the easy exit where seat moves back but don’t need for getting back in. Today I did some digging in the manual and found this and am going to give it a try, not sure if this is common knowledge or not:

Locks and Security
Memory feature
The remote entry system can also control the memory feature.
Press the control once to unlock the driver's door. Pressing the control
will automatically move the seat, rearview mirrors, and adjustable pedals
to the desired memory position (the memory position corresponds to the
transmitter being used)

• 5–button remote
Activating the memory feature
To activate this feature:
1. Position the seat, rearview mirror, and adjustable pedals to the
positions you desire.
2. Press the SET control on the driver's seat.
3. Within 5 five seconds, press one control on the remote transmitter and
then press the 1 or 2 memory seat control to which you would like to
associate with Driver 1 or Driver 2 positions.
4. Repeat this procedure for another remote transmitter if desired.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I fiddled around with this today, so if you have Easy Entry function in the message center set to <ON> the seat will await input of the key to move forward regardless. I turned Easy Entry to <OFF> and programmed the remote via the buttons on the drivers seat as the manual suggests. I then tested it by moving everything out of whack and hitting the unlock button....it does indeed set everything to your desired memory settings as soon as you hit unlock. I am the only person who really drives my truck......rarely anyone else but on occasion. I decided to keep this new program regardless and just kept easy entry <OFF> since I’m young and don’t need or enjoy waiting for the seat to move lol.

This can be useful to those of you who have 2 drivers and 2 fobs or for anyone who’s vehicle is driven by others or their kids on occasion. It is a nice touch that everything gets into position before you even open the door.

Last edited: