10 mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smith627

Reaction score
Just to double check your vehicle's mpg, calculate it manually over the next few tank fill-ups.
My expedition gets 16 on highway and 14 around town and the vehicle's computer shows average of 15.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had an almost identical issue with my expy.

I took it to a shop and had them flush out the front dif. I dont think it has ever been changed, they said it was pretty bad.

Dif fluid is the most overlooked fluid on any vehicle from my experience.

I also had them suck out the old trans fluid and fill with new that i supplied.

After about 100 mile of driving with the fresh fluid it felt like a completley different truck and my mpg went from 12, to 16 with no changes in rout or driving style.

I now have busted exhaust manifold bolts and mpg is creeping dow again. . . .
Your fluid changes had nothing to do with your MPG's, also diff oil will go 100k easily if it doesn't get water in it.

OP
OP
cekkk

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mpg is back to normal. The car again free wheels when I take my foot off the accelerator. That was the problem, and I don't know what was causing it to acting as though it were and a lower gear when it was not or my foot was likely on the brake when it was not.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your fluid changes had nothing to do with your MPG's, also diff oil will go 100k easily if it doesn't get water in it.

My mpg gain was directly related to the fluid change, im at 185k and thats the first time i have changed them, bought used.

His might not be with only 50k.