10R80 Fluid Change Project Creep, New PPE pan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, no, I did not have any clearance issues. I might have to get back under there and take a look to make sure I have clearance. Glad my write up was helpful!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, no, I did not have any clearance issues. I might have to get back under there and take a look to make sure I have clearance. Glad my write up was helpful!

I just purchased the PPE pan and was going to tackle the project myself as well.

Just to confirm, the raising of transmission is 100 percent necessary to to fit things?

Thanks for the info.

bshowalter

Reaction score
I just purchased the PPE pan and was going to tackle the project myself as well.

Just to confirm, the raising of transmission is 100 percent necessary to to fit things?

Thanks for the info.

Yes, at least on my 2019, 100% need to raise the transmission to fit this pan in.

And as a follow up, no issues so far. I haven't noticed the harsh P->R shift since but I don't drive it very much. The transmission temp seems much cooler now as well, rarely see 200*.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, at least on my 2019, 100% need to raise the transmission to fit this pan in.

And as a follow up, no issues so far. I haven't noticed the harsh P->R shift since but I don't drive it very much. The transmission temp seems much cooler now as well, rarely see 200*.

Thank you!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those who did this in your garage... What did you use to jack up trans when getting new pan in?

Last edited: