'17 Expy XLT weak wiper fluid pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeanE

Reaction score
Hey gang,

My '17 just started having an issue with very weak pressure for the wiper fluid. At first I thought the reservoir was empty b/c nothing came out but after opening the hood, it was full. The motor makes noise like always, but the flow is sputtering and though it comes out of both jets, it's not nearly high enough/pressurized enough to actually do any good. No obvious place along the course of the lines where it looks like it's leaking either.

I've seen a couple youtube vids about trouble-shooting the lines, and without yet taking down the cowling/covering under the hood to expose the lines in their entirety, I saw no issue with the lines. Also saw that one guy's solution was to bypass the rear jet since it was still working, and switch it with the supply line for the front, and also taking the relay out for the rear thereby switching rear with front switch until he was able to get a part to replace the front. That all seems kind of janky tho so I'd like to avoid it. Not to mention you have to remove the whole passenger side headlight assembly to get at the stupid motor for the jets.

Anyone else see this happen and can suggest any other 'quick' fixes before I have to take stuff apart? It's just odd because it was working fine not long ago and now not at all....so seems like maybe it's clogged somewhere along the lines vice the pump motor actually failing.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire