1997 - Oxygen sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tibiko

Reaction score
Anybody changed any Oxygen sensors ?
No. 1 - cylinder bank 1- HOS failed on my 5.4L, I have ordered the sensor, but I would like some advice from somebody who has done this before.
I plan to do it myself.

b_salgado

Reaction score
All I can tell you is good luck! I changed both of mine. They were upstream sensors. The drivers side is easy! 15 min and it was done. The passenger side is a different story! Make sure the truck has been sitting overnight. THe hardest part of the passenger side is getting the old sensor unplugged. I didn't use an 02 socket for either side.... there isn't enough room for it. Use an open end wrench and have patience! Good luck!

OP
OP
T

Tibiko

Reaction score
Oh yes,

I did it about a week ago. It was the one on the passenger side..unfortunately...It was not a big deal to take it out, however it took us over 2 hours to put the new one in and reconnect the wiring harness. The sensor on the driver side seems like a walk in the park.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev