1998 Factory Amplifier Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronl

Reaction score
I just replaced the factory unit in my '98 w/premium stereo. The amp is in the dash, you can see it when the radio is removed, it's sort of behind & below the climate controls. The harness you need to bypass plugs in at the bottom, which if you look under the dash towards the middle near the console you can see the bottom of the amp & the plugs. The amp in the rear is for a sub in the Mach system.

EXP Edition

Reaction score
All I did to bypass mine was the same thing I did in my Durango with the Infinity speakers..

Take your remote wire turn on from the deck and connect it to the blue wire coming from the dash. I believe it is the power antenna wire coming from the dash. That's it! My speakers all turn on fine!

henry98

Reaction score
I want to bypass the factory amp for my aftermarket stereo. I have all the necessay harneses but can't find the amplifier.

its behind the radio straight down..its a bear to remove i just removed mine and by passed it even though it worked perfectly fine