1st Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryB

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a 2010 Expedition Limited. It's been cared for like a first born, the lady I bought from handed me a bunch of service records. Including a Jasper engine 40k miles ago.

While looking through them, I noticed it had several BG tranny flushes over its life time. The records state ATF fluid. Should I be concerned about this? It has 167k on it. I was planning to do a pan drop and replace the filter, then the recommended fluid (mercon LV?, hadn't looked yet). Now I'm worried that the fluid may or may not be compatible.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a 2010 Expedition Limited. It's been cared for like a first born, the lady I bought from handed me a bunch of service records. Including a Jasper engine 40k miles ago.

While looking through them, I noticed it had several BG tranny flushes over its life time. The records state ATF fluid. Should I be concerned about this? It has 167k on it. I was planning to do a pan drop and replace the filter, then the recommended fluid (mercon LV?, hadn't looked yet). Now I'm worried that the fluid may or may not be compatible.
If there are no tranny issues right now, rest assured its got the right fluid in it. Fords' trannies are so sensitive to the correct type of fluid you'll know nearly instantly you've put in the wrong stuff.

With 167k on the clock, and 'several' flushes recorded, you should be good to go with whats in it right now. Tranny fluid is good for around 100k miles. If you're not having any tranny issues, I'd recommend spending that money on something fun.