2000 expedition - rear wiper not working SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 Expedition. Fuse is good, relays are clicking, the motor is new. I've read something about wire harness becoming damaged. Anybody knows if there is another fuse PAST relays? Anybody had similar issue? It stopped working mid-stroke.
UPDATE- well, it was stupid and simple - there are TWO rear wiper fuses - one in passenger compartment sending power to the relay box, and the second one IN the relay box in engine compartment. The one in relay box blew (so the relays had power, but no power to the motor). Replaced it and the wiper works fine. I guess I'll keep the old motor as a spare, albeit my thought is that maybe that fuse blew because the old motor was drawing too much power.
Thanks everyone !

Last edited:

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would start by looking at where the wires cross from the roof into the rear door, those wires get flexed every time you open the tail gate, so if a wire is going to fail, I would suspect that would be a prime location!! Do you have a voltmeter you can use at the wiper motor to find out if you are missing positive (12 volts) or ground?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the way, a motor not parking will drain your batterry fast. So pull the relays or fuses until you sort it out. Where did you find a new motor? All I find are used/refurbished....

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 Expedition. Fuse is good, relays are clicking, the motor is new. I've read something about wire harness becoming damaged. Anybody knows if there is another fuse PAST relays? Anybody had similar issue? It stopped working mid-stroke.

Sure it’s the motor?

OP
OP
P

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure it’s the motor?

No, I replaced the motor with a brand new one and it is still not working.

OP
OP
P

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure it’s the motor?

Well, it was a fuse in the relay box (not passenger compartment).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire