2001 5.4l oil filter mount question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ IZZ

Reaction score
Hello all
It has been awhile since i've checked this site out, fortunately i haven't had issues. I recently took my truck in for one of these free oil changes, first mistake. I gave them the oil and filter i wanted to use and now have an oil leak which i thought was coming from the oil filter. Upon futher investigation i found that the leak is coming from the oil filter mounting plate (not sure of it's correct name). What i want to ask is if that plate is a piece by itself or does the coolant line that is above it part of the same housing? Doesn't look like it would be much to replace the seal just want to get an idea of what kind of disassembly i will be looking at. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure that the gasket came off the old filter?? I know it was at a shop, but you could be running with two gaskets.

OP
OP
A

AZ IZZ

Reaction score
i haven't removed the filter yet but will check it out once i begin the repair as needed. I did loosen and tighten the bottom bolt closest to the front of the engine on the housing. When i was running the engine i can see that the oil if running down the housing before it drips. Normally when the oil is leaking by the filter gasket it drips down the filter, but if there is two gaskets in place it could be dripping between the 2. I'll look into it. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Presley98