2002 hesitates and shakes when cold...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2002 that runs fine...lately over the last few days it hesitates, shakes and when I pump the pedal to start running seems it struggles to start normal running...then suddenly accelerates as normal. When I warm it for ten minutes prior to run the issue seems to be fixed. Could this be something with the ignition coils?... Could it be the spark plugs?... After regular running conditions that issue doesn't show again.

2002 Ford Expedition XLT...

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when I pump the pedal to start running seems it struggles to start normal running...then suddenly accelerates as normal.
With a fuel injected engine you do not need to pump the pedal to start it. Try starting without touching the gas pedal.
If it does need pedal input to stay running clean MAF and throttle body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never push the gas pedal to start....I turn it on and let it idle for five minutes and that does... But that shaking and lack of proper response when accelerating on the start just came about few weeks ago...once it is in running temperature the issue goes... Could perhaps be a coil ignition or maybe spark plugs?...

jfordtruckman

Reaction score
there is a tbs on that issue ford has issued. Contact your local ford dealer to get the information. If no luck from then hit me up I have mitchell on demand.