2002 Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeachBum

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new to the forum it's great! I have a 2002 Expedition 4WD EB I want to lift 6-8 inches with new rims and tires. The air ride system has been replaced with coils in the rear and shocks through coils in the front. Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.... Bum:cheers:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What size tire do you want 35" 37" 38" 40"

You can do a 3" body lift and 2" rear spacer plus 2" front key or torsion turn
to get 5" total and run 35" ( that's what I did so far)
Suspension you can get 4" up to 6" ( ZoneOffroad and fabtech make 6" kits)
combined you get up to 11" then run a 38" tire or 40" if you don't 4wd hard.

So your choice, :think: how much money do you have and what do you want it to look like!!!

Lots of Expy on the site with these combos to look at.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Beachbum, how big of a tire are you wanting to run? That will depict what you can do. Also, how much are you willing to spend to get what you are after?

I am currently running 37's with only a 4" suspension lift. Before you get too excited, this is not a simple modification to do to get what I have. It requires very specific components and very specific modifications to be done to the truck.

Let us know some more details about what you are looking to do and we can help you narrow down what you will need to do from there.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mines not as invloved as Thermo..... but I'm running 37s and could fit bigger but right now they fit and dont rub...

OP
OP
B

BeachBum

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!! I put a 8" lift on my golf cart so I at least have to do that much to my Expedition right!! LOL I want to do a 6 or 8" lift and put the biggest tires I can get under it with that. What do you guys suggest? The pics of your rides are awesome I hope I can get mine there

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly with a narrow 8" wide rim and not very agressive tread... Thermo has 37s with a 4" suspension lift and many mods... I could fit a 40 with my current setup and some minor adjustments but right now 37s dont rub at all

OP
OP
B

BeachBum

Reaction score
Thanks Walnuts 4x4 I am not looking too aggresive on the tread It's gonna be more of a blvd cruiser than off road. I really like the look of 37's is there a better way to go than a 6" suspension??

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as my sig says... I have a fabtech 6" + 3" PA body lift +2 " keys and a spacer in the rear... and the 37s fit perfect on 16x10 rims... also my tires are 13.5 wide... but you could go alternate route...