2003 Expedtion Xlt Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSTEAT23

Reaction score
Has anyone change the speakers in there Expedition, if so what kind did you use and how do they sound. I have a 2003 Expedition and dont like the sound from the factory stereo.

jaytee68

Reaction score
If you want an easy drop-in replacement speaker without having to modify the door panel or use an apadter bracket - than the Infinity Reference Series 6810cs are great for use with the factory radio. The highs are crisp, clean and bright without being 'tinny' and the mid bass response is good as well. i would recommend this over any other 5x7 on the market. You can pick them up at local retail for about $100, or cheaper on ebay.

NCEXP

Reaction score
factory receiver

Have either of you replaced the factory stereo? I'd love to get higher quality sound but does the factory stereo have the power?I've got the cassette/CD combo and enjoy the flexibility so I haven't looked at replacing it, yet. Thanks.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set of Polk DB 6.5 Components that sound great with the factory radio. I was actually very suprised on how good it sounds. I will be replacing the head unit shortly because I want satellite and HD radio and a set of RCA outputs for the Sub amp I have yet to install. Overall you will be happy with just upgrading the speakers. I went with the components to get the tweeter out from beside my leg. I mounted the tweeter in the door in the forward-most top of the door panel. I don't know what ford was thinking when they put the speakers so low in the door......
Matt

cappy

Reaction score
I've got JL Evo XR570-CX's in my doors even thought JL says they don't fit they do and without modification.