2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 2valve engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Lopez

Reaction score
Hi, can you give me your advice on this problem no engine code no vacuum leak no coolant leak and a new Pcv valve. I did replace the intake manifold 5 years ago with the Dorman part. I hear the sound at 2000 to 2100 rpm. The new intake has Approximately 30,000 miles. Thank you for your time and all you do to inform ford Owner.
https://youtu.be/4vrCdNlL1RE
Sent from my iP

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, Ok. Can you take the serpentine belt off and run it for a minute and see if the sound goes away ? Maybe the alternator bearing failing ?

OP
OP
M

Martin Lopez

Reaction score
I was doing some more research on the intake manifold from dorman and I was thinking maybe something came loose from the baffle? Have you heard any issues with the aftermarket intake manifold from your experience?

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You said it was coming from the manifold/throttle body area - Maybe the EGR or something like that came loose and is rattling? A plugged cat backflowing into the EGR could make weird noises. In the video Your timing does sound loud so like Hamfisted said, might be a timing or top end problem. A loose baffle isn't impossible but I have never heard of that happening. You could take a stethoscope and see if that guides you to the problem - I would place it over the valve covers and timing cover first to see if it is a timing issue.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you pulled the throttle body. Did you find the problem? Sorry, it is probably obvious in the photos but I didn't see a problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65