2004 Expedition Grill installation issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontUredRing

Reaction score
1000048151.jpg1000048155.jpg1000048156.jpgI've got an 04 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) and I've replaced the front clip. Everything went smoothly but I've noticed that the front grille only has to fingers with locking tabs at the top. What actually holds this thing in place? When you line everything up and slide it in, one of the bottom corners wants to stick out, even though everything is slotted. The tabs on the sides and bottoms are smooth, so they just slide in and can't lock into anything because they're smooth. It has no holes in it for screws and the original was zip tied in place. There has to be some kind of clip or something to hold in place, because I can pull the whole thing right back off with 2 fingers. Seems like a crappy design because if they were all locking tabs instead of just the 2 at the top, this would be a non issue, although it would be slightly harder to remove. Any ideas?

Last edited:

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just went through the exact same process and mine had several push on retaining clips. I went to the junkyard and picked up a few more. I was unable to find any push clips except for upholstery to buy new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett