2004 Expo Fuel Tank Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topsnipeusn

Reaction score
Maddness has driven me here..
I just replaced the fuel pump and filter.. However during the reinstall I can not seem to get the hose at the top to connect. I think its says HVCS but its is not the fill hose nor is it a quick connect. This was the most painful 6 hours of trying to get a hose to connect to the male hard line. Any assistance will be appreciated. You can not get your hand on both sides and at best you have to come from the out side up the tank and try to push the hose on with only one hand.

I Know that there has to be a better way, I dont know what that is and I am asking for help..

V/R
TS

krakoosh

Reaction score
More than likely it's the same as an '03 in which case you have to take the whole fill hose assembly loose which will allow you to move it forward enough to make the connection.

OP
OP
T

Topsnipeusn

Reaction score
The fill hose is separate from the hose
its says EVOH on the tank's male connection.. I am trying something different and will let you know if it works.. This is the worse design ever. I don't understand the reason to put it there, other than to discourage one from doing it yourself and save 1500.00 which is what
ford wanted

OP
OP
T

Topsnipeusn

Reaction score
So this is what i did
I used a tapered dowel and lubed it and pushed it in far as I could
in the rubber hose. I as used a zip tie to secure the hose at the frame.
after a day i removed the dowel and reinserted it farther.
so when i put the tank up.. thats when i removed the dowel and it slipped
in... it was painful but it worked.. also i lubed the male end.

cranks up after a few gallons of gas.