2005, check engine light slow blink then solid again after hard acceleration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spark plug or coil. I'd guess coil as that's what was a recurring problem on my 06 until I put in new premium coils . Code readers are as low as $20.00. If it.s a miss, code reader will identify as a P030(0-8), identifying which cylinder.

OP
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Reaction score
Just had that, 1 new coil (missing) and while there changed plugs. Problem gone.
Cool. We are trying to budget to get a brand set of plugs and fix what is causing the misfire (last time he said it was a "cold pack").

OP
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Reaction score
Spark plug or coil. I'd guess coil as that's what was a recurring problem on my 06 until I put in new premium coils . Code readers are as low as $20.00. If it.s a miss, code reader will identify as a P030(0-8), identifying which cylinder.
I'm pretty sure it's a misfire. Next time I go out I'll stop my mechanic to double check (he's on the main road about 6 miles). Thanks!

Frank Swygert

Reaction score
Many auto parts stres will read codes for free. Can't buy parts if you don't know what's wrong! These engines use individual coils one each cylinder. Over time they break down, usually in the 80k-120k mile range. The plugs need to be changed around 100k miles. Some wait until they start getting misfire codes and chang plug and coil together, one at a time. Not the best. Mine started misfiring on hard acceleration and I had all plugs changed. Also changed the connector between plugs and coils. That usually goes then causes coil to burn up. So get those done with plugs and the coils will last longer. $600 for all 8 here in SC... three years ago.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool. We are trying to budget to get a brand set of plugs and fix what is causing the misfire (last time he said it was a "cold pack").

I think your mechanic might've been saying "coil pack" not "cold pack" .... meaning he suspects a bad coil, which is reasonable ...

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another thing to check, look inside where the coil has the spring, found corrosion on the top of spring and coil spade connection.