2005 driver's seat position power failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxclan

Reaction score
driver's seat and mirrors won't move. Both 3 and 109 fuses are good. Looked in the usual places for the broken splice in the orange and light green wire and could not find it. However, I dismounted the seat and found the position switch connector has an orange and light green wire and a ground wire. I spliced wires into these two wires and using a 12v power supply could position the seats so it is comfortable to drive and could position the mirrors with the switch. I put a wire nut on the end of the power supply wire in case the break heals itself while I start looking for the wire break. I also found the mirror motors worked too. More to follow as I look for the break

OP
OP
W

waxclan

Reaction score
SOLVED!!! Continuing the troubleshooting, I bared the conductor in the orange/green stripe wire at the bottom of the fuse box and found 12V then pulled fuse 3 and lost power on the wire. I then went over to the drivers door and found the orange/green stripe wire and bared the conductor and found continuity with my power wire splice from earlier work. Figured I'd splice power in here from the wire at the bottom of the fuse box (running the wire under the dash) and cut and tape off the spared wire. While getting that ready I found a badly corroded section of the orange/green stripe wire about 2 feet further away from the fuse box. The wire was broken there. I cut the bad section out and tied the wire back together and now have properly operating seats.