2007 Ford Expedition EL SLT Climate Control Blower Speed Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Good evening all,

Thank you for allowing me to the forum. I purchased an Expedition with 336,000 miles and it appears to have been very well taken care of. I have a few minor issues and I am attempting to sort them out.

1. The blower to the manual climate control blows stronger on the #2 setting, and barely at all on the other settings. I replaced the resistor and no change. I then replaced the blower motor and still no change. The rear blower doesn't appear to be blowing either. What do you all suggest as my next items to inspect? What controls the fan speed other than the resistor. I first believed it was only blowing on setting #2. When I pulled the motor and checked, it was actually blowing very slowly on the #1, #3, and #4 settings.

2. My tire pressure monitor fault light and message is showing. I checked the pressure and adjusted the psi. The light is still on?

3. My radio does work and has no display. The entire screen is not displayed. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Ron
Richmond, VA

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Good morning I did replace the switch to the fan control, blower motor, and resistor. When I removed the bezel to check the fan speed switch I notice the power to it hasn't come back on. I checked the fuses under the passenger dash and all three for the climate control look good. I did replace the switch today because I noticed it had a small brunt spot on it. Again the power to the panel in the dash doesn't appear to be getting power (no lights). Is there something I'm missing? Are there any other fuses that control the power to the climate unit on the dash?

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the blower relay if you're not getting any voltage to the blower motor. It's likely #1 in the engine compartment fuse box.

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
okay here is my update. i changed the blower motor relay in the engine compartment. After doin so there wasn't any change. I have a manual climate control until in the vehicle now. I had ordered an electronic unit with the hopes of swapping them out. I decided to swap out the electronic unit and the blower is blowing slow. the electronic until will only connect using the two big plugs. is there an adapter I can get to hook up the third smaller plug? When get home i will connect my new blower motor with the electronic unit to see what happens. The resistor I'm using is a new one.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The automatic temperature control cannot replace the manual one. Different harness, different heater box configuration and several additional sensors. Order a replacement manual control on ebay. Even the manual controls have lots of electronics in them and they fail in the way you describe.

Sounds like you checked every other possibility anyway, the most likely being the resistor and its connector, as the Yupster says.

The radio with navigation is a direct plug-and-play replacement in 2007 and 2008. But the new radio must be configured for a similarly equipped Expedition. If you get one from a truck with a woofer, you need a woofer. If you get one configured for a different model vehicle, the harness will plug in but the wiring assignment will be different. There are places that will program a 2007 and 2008 radio. You can find them on line. A navigation antenna can be installed under the dash pad atop the radio support. Note that most of the used radios this old have inoperative CD players, so check what you buy.

Last edited: