2008 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer Rear AC not blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panama

Reaction score
Just noticed today that my rear AC/heat blower fan is not blowing at all. The front AC is blowing normally via manual fan control and temp or auto (set it and forget it).

When I push the rear AC fan control switch, I can hear clicking in the back as I've always heard, but the fan doesn't come on at any speed as I push on the button to manipulate the speed. Any ideas?... Maybe start with the fuse box?, then the resistor, then what?....any trends on this out there that I can start with?.

The only issue I've had with the AC is the high-pressure line rubbing against the frame over time and it finally rubbed a hole in the line and I lost all my freon in a matter of seconds.. repaired that with no issues for almost three years. Since then, I've had minor issues with the front blower motor speeding up, then slowing, which I replaced (easy project).

Any and all constructive suggestions are appreciated. Maybe there's a thread on this topic already. If so, please let me know and I'll get to it. I couldn't find anything related to blowers as I've been doing some research. All I can come up with is resistors this, and resistors that. Or vent controls/modulators, etc. etc.

I live in the south and it's beginning to warm up quickly....The doggone thing was working like a champ just a couple of days ago.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Just noticed today that my rear AC/heat blower fan is not blowing at all. The front AC is blowing normally via manual fan control and temp or auto (set it and forget it).

When I push the rear AC fan control switch, I can hear clicking in the back as I've always heard, but the fan doesn't come on at any speed as I push on the button to manipulate the speed. Any ideas?... Maybe start with the fuse box?, then the resistor, then what?....any trends on this out there that I can start with?.

The only issue I've had with the AC is the high-pressure line rubbing against the frame over time and it finally rubbed a hole in the line and I lost all my freon in a matter of seconds.. repaired that with no issues for almost three years. Since then, I've had minor issues with the front blower motor speeding up, then slowing, which I replaced (easy project).

Any and all constructive suggestions are appreciated. Maybe there's a thread on this topic already. If so, please let me know and I'll get to it. I couldn't find anything related to blowers as I've been doing some research. All I can come up with is resistors this, and resistors that. Or vent controls/modulators, etc. etc.

I live in the south and it's beginning to warm up quickly....The doggone thing was working like a champ just a couple of days ago.
Blend door actuator. Tell tale sign is the clicking. Very common issue, there’s a lot of threads in blower motors and blend door actuators on here just search em up