2009 Hawaiian rental car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so here my review on an 2009 Expedition xlt. it has the 3v 5.4 4x4.

i'm not driving it, my dad is but its still nice. the speakers are better then in mine. the paint is scratched and dented, its a rental, the lights are bright and clear. it has 2wd, a4wd, 4hi, and 4lo. the motor has a lot of power but the tranny is holding it back. cruising at about 45-60 and you floor it theres a delay. not a lot but since the computer puts the tranny in 6th gear to save fuel it has to shift down 3-4 gears. that takes time. the air condition is great... on level 2-full. level 1 it shuts off. dont know why. on all air settings level 1 has no air. the rear view mirrors auto dimming is cool too. no need to move it. but to aline it to your eye level it creaks. at idle the engine will sputter a little bit at 550 rpm. or what ever the idle is. it feels weird. other then that the truck runns great and smooth. we rented an EL 2 years ago and that was nice. but that one already had a yellowing head light. the el would be my next expedition if i were to ever get one again. that or an excursion converted to the cummings. hmmm... any ways thats my quick review.

Attachments

• 0120011343.jpg
    0120011343.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 240
OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o yeah im not saying its a bad truck. this one is a rental. but i figured i would just put what i saw in this rental. this thing is nice in side. all leather too.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1 speed on my AC is messed up as well. It's probably the speed control resistor that is meesed up.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah could be. its not hot in hawaii right now. its comfy but it would be nice to have just a little air. we use the rear air pointed towards us so its not too cold in there. haha

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rented an 09 EL for a friends bachelor party and it was awesome. Performed great on a trip from Chico CA to Oakland CA and then up to Tahoe CA and NV. From Tahoe I brought it back to Chico and returned it. All my driving combined for a MPG of 17.3 which is amazing considering all of the mountain driving I did. I by no means was going easy on it and while we weren't pulling anything it was pretty weighed down by up to 9 people in it. I really liked the 6 speed and had plenty of power and gear options when passing other people going up hill on back roads to Tahoe. Great improvements over my 01 and would def. keep me buying an Expo again over a Tahoe or something else. I do know the guys at the Enterprise here so when I rented it the car also only had 700 miles on it...practically still new. My only compaint was getting inside the back cargo area was not as easy and because of the depth I actually cut my leg fairly badly getting out when parked on a hill by catching in on the end of the bumber. All in all...I wish I had a new expo with the six speed.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o yeah we got the el when my whole family and gf went. 5 people in a trailblazer wasnt too comfy. so my mom made my dad upgrade. all they had left was an el. the lady saved it for us cause someone came in looking to rent it. she said some vips had it right before them. haha all black and my sister stayed in the 3rd the whole time. so much room! i think that will my next expedition i will get. keep this one and buy an el.