2013 XLT EXPY need shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zmann96

Reaction score
I'm looking to see what I need to do for new shoes. I live in NH and get a good amount of snow. I had a G37 AWD and used all 4 studded tires. My question is should I buy a set for summer and winter or should I buy two sets (one studded)? I also have an enclosed trailer with 3 sleds that I pull in the winter. I do have the selections for the 2 and 4 wheel drive. I'm not looking for any tires that make a lot of noise.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a set of winter tires, especially towing snowmobiles to, you know, snow! If your wallet allows, a second set of wheels with the winters already mounted is the easiest way to go. You get to practice your NASCAR pit crew skills twice a year! A set of dedicated winter tires and AWD is a great combo but remember, does not make you invincible. Good luck!

OP
OP
Zmann96

Zmann96

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a set of winter tires, especially towing snowmobiles to, you know, snow! If your wallet allows, a second set of wheels with the winters already mounted is the easiest way to go. You get to practice your NASCAR pit crew skills twice a year! A set of dedicated winter tires and AWD is a great combo but remember, does not make you invincible. Good luck!
I was kinda leaning that way. I did that with my G37. I'm 72 and really don't need the pit crew practice but I do, do all my own work, including changing tires. BTW I still ride a 2017 Suzuki GSXR 750. Suzuki blue 4.jpg

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool bike. Around here we call the guys that ride those organ donors. A bit too congested for the way most young guys ride those crotch rockets. Love that color scheme!!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would get a dedicated set of wheels and tires for the winter. It beats paying to change the tires every year and re-balancing etc. I had a GS 1100 Suzuki and a Ninja 1100 Kawi. Now I just have a Ski-doo 165 HP Extreme snowmobile and it pulls wheelies too.

OP
OP
Zmann96

Zmann96

Reaction score
Cool bike. Around here we call the guys that ride those organ donors. A bit too congested for the way most young guys ride those crotch rockets. Love that color scheme!!
Thanks. I know, I'm not as crazy as I once was but still like to go fast in the right places.

OP
OP
Zmann96

Zmann96

Reaction score
I would get a dedicated set of wheels and tires for the winter. It beats paying to change the tires every year and re-balancing etc. I had a GS 1100 Suzuki and a Ninja 1100 Kawi. Now I just have a Ski-doo 165 HP Extreme snowmobile and it pulls wheelies too.
Thanks, yeah I'm going that route with the 2 sets. It makes sense. I've had a ninja, Honda repsol, and now my suzuki. 53 years ago I race motocross with a 400 Maico. I've got a 600 HO, 800 HO and a 1200 4 stroke all Ski doos. Mine don't pull wheels, wish one did LOL but I have grand kids and don't want them tempted and getting hurt, they can get hurt easy enough with the way they are. Thanks again.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate to get off topic but last winter I saw a 10+- year old girl take off on her dads full size sled, hit a bump, hands came off bars, hit another bump, and did a flip in the air before landing in the snow.........she's OK.