2014 Expedition XLT - Drivers Side Heat only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kortoga

Reaction score
For a few months I heard a very faint clicking sound when changing temp on the driver's side OR when starting the vehicle.
Now, there is no noise and I only have heat coming from driver's side vents, passenger vents temp are good to go.

I know there is a lot of info on these blend door actuators. However, the threads are like reading a book on everything else except specific part number and symptoms per the blend door that needs to be changed.
One post gives the part number that person replaced while another person posts their symptoms and that they fixed it. It is very hard to find a post that says, this is what was wrong, this is where it is, this is what I bought.

If you can, please read my symptoms, ask me questions if necessary, give me the part number I need to change and where the actuator is located in the vehicle I will need to replace. I am not worried about how hard it is to replace, I am able to do most everything myself...except find the post that describes my situation...Ugh.
I seriously have read a few threads and there is so much info of people saying what they did to fix their problem with no real explanation of what their problem was and the part number for that specific problem. There are a few actuators in this vehicle. Thank you...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kortoga

Kortoga

Reaction score
Found a post on another thread referencing (I am assuming) the Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH. Which as I am reading is the pain in the ace one to replace.
Any good videos on how this can be done as painless as possible would be appreciated.
Ford Part Number - 19E616

What would be the part I need to purchase...recommended to buy from?
?????

DL3Z-19E616-A HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement for Ford F-150 2009-2014, Replaces# 604-252, YH1933​

?????

Thank you...

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are the steps I followed:

1. Look up the procedure in the service manual. It reads:

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH

Item Part Number Description
1 W701696 Floor duct screw (4 required)
2 18C433 Floor duct
3 W701696 LH temperature blend door actuator screw (2 required)
4 — LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector (part of 18B518)
5 19E616 LH temperature blend door actuator

Removal and Installation

Remove the heater core and evaporator core housing. For additional information, refer to Heater Core And Evaporator Core Housing in this section.
Remove the 4 floor duct screws.
Remove the floor duct.
Disconnect the LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the 2 LH temperature blend door actuator screws.
Remove the LH temperature blend door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
NOTE: Because the battery has been disconnected as part of the removal procedure, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators when the ignition switch is switched to the ON position. The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct temperature blend door actuator operation.

2. Loudly exclaim: "F**k that!"

3. Google for a better way to do it and find Brian's video:

4. Watch said video. Loudly exclaim: "F**k that!"

5. Live with it.

OP
OP
Kortoga

Kortoga

Reaction score
Just took my entire center console out, the bracket and find the freaking Driver's Blend Door is positioned with the electrical connector to the front of the vehicle and NOT towards the driver's side like in the video. What a F'ing mess these Ford engineer F**kers are.
Had to grind down an 8mm wrench into a skinny and cut out some of the ducting to get this junk out and the new one in. Video says "I don't like cutting on my truck"...F**k that, I cut that junk. Used some exhaust wrap to repair.
Getting the gear positioning was a total pain.
The next time I buy a vehicle with dual or triple zone AC will be absolutely F'ing never.
Buy the part from Autozone. I ended up buying 2 of them because I broke the first trying to get it in. That is when I said F**k it and cut the damn ducting. Once I cut the ducting, the part slid in with less force. She works like normal now.
F**king Ford.

Getting the screws back in for this thing was the hardest part. At some point I had to get my tiny hand wife involved. She was able to put them back in.
Taking everything apart and putting it back together was no problem...literally 30 minutes to and hour each way. But that f**king blend door and the space to work in took 5-6 hours. The next Ford I buy I am going to ask specifically where the Driver's blend door is and ask to see it before I spend $50-60k.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just took my entire center console out, the bracket and find the freaking Driver's Blend Door is positioned with the electrical connector to the front of the vehicle and NOT towards the driver's side like in the video. What a F'ing mess these Ford engineer F**kers are.
Had to grind down an 8mm wrench into a skinny and cut out some of the ducting to get this junk out and the new one in. Video says "I don't like cutting on my truck"...F**k that, I cut that junk. Used some exhaust wrap to repair.
Getting the gear positioning was a total pain.
The next time I buy a vehicle with dual or triple zone AC will be absolutely F'ing never.
Buy the part from Autozone. I ended up buying 2 of them because I broke the first trying to get it in. That is when I said F**k it and cut the damn ducting. Once I cut the ducting, the part slid in with less force. She works like normal now.
F**king Ford.

Getting the screws back in for this thing was the hardest part. At some point I had to get my tiny hand wife involved. She was able to put them back in.
Taking everything apart and putting it back together was no problem...literally 30 minutes to and hour each way. But that f**king blend door and the space to work in took 5-6 hours. The next Ford I buy I am going to ask specifically where the Driver's blend door is and ask to see it before I spend $50-60k.

This is why mine remains as-is. :D Kudos to you for having the patience to do this job though.

OP
OP
Kortoga

Kortoga

Reaction score
I really did not want to do it, this is my wife's vehicle and the damn blend door was stuck on Hot. I live in Louisiana where AC is a must have if I want any lovin in the future.
I was not going to pay some kid at a shop $1,500 to break things in the console area, put it back together like my brother-in-law would, then tell me he does quality work. I have been down that road too many times in my life. I pretty much trust no mechanic. Hell, even I cut corners and did by cutting the corner off that damn ducting.
Thank you for the links from your first reply...