2014 North American International Auto Show - Detroit Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few pics from the auto show. I saw the 2014 Expy King Ranch there (and not the elusive 2015 model) - very nice and full of options. The one that caught my eye is the running boards extend and retract automatically when a door is opened. I've since learned that's apparently been around since 2008, so nothing new there. Very nice, but not something you would want to lift or use plasti-coat on (at least not for a few years - haha).

picture.php

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it at the local VA Beach one. Nice truck, but not what I was hoping for. I guess the mid-year redesign should be better.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The one that caught my eye is the running boards extend and retract automatically when a door is opened.

You do know the power deploying running boards have been around since 2008 on Expys. Nothing new.

Where's the pics of the 2015 Expy ? The King Ranch Expy in the photos looks like a 2014.

Matt

Last edited:

frankie paladin

Reaction score
It is the 2014, I believe he said no pics of the elusive 2015. Anyone have any idea when the 2015 will debut?

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is the 2014, I believe he said no pics of the elusive 2015. Anyone have any idea when the 2015 will debut?

Frankie, the original post was edited after I posted my response.
Originally he said the pics were of the 2015 Expy.

Matt

OP
OP
RevBBD

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Matt

As Matt stated, I edited my original post. At the show I was led to believe the model pictured above was the 2015 model, but based on Matt's post I tried to confirm that at the official FOMOCO website and learned the 2015 has not yet been released. Sorry for the false alarm...

*Do I get partial credit for the 2015 Mustang GT?

Last edited:

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As Matt stated, I edited my original post. At the show I was led to believe the model pictured above was the 2015 model, but based on Matt's post I tried to confirm that at the official FOMOCO website and learned the 2015 has not yet been released. Sorry for the false alarm...

*Do I get partial credit for the 2015 Mustang GT?

Since it's hideous, NO.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't have a 2015 F150 there. There are pics of it on Ford's website and I would have thought they would have been promoting it at the show.

p.s. At first glance I thought that Mustang was a camaro.......:yucky:

Matt

OP
OP
RevBBD

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
p.s. At first glance I thought that Mustang was a camaro.......:yucky:

Matt

The first thing I thought was the 2015 Mustang looked like the result of cross breeding a 2014 Camaro with a 1995 Celica Supra. The picture doesn't do it justice and it did kind of grow on me. It has a low, bulldog-ish profile to it.

I did see the Equus Bass 770 there too, which looks like a Mustang Fastback cross bred with a Challenger (yet it's GM powered). It does look nice, but not $250K nice. The model handing out brochures for it was a biotch too, so strike two. At first I thought it was an act - you know, bad ass car and bad ass model - but no, just an overpriced car and a biotch trying to sell it.

frankie paladin

Reaction score

Matt
Gotcha, I didn't see that on tapatalk. Sorry about that.
I've been looking all over myself for the release of the 2015 Expy, I find nothing but a few camo-covered pics, anyone know anything about the release?