2015 wiper linkage rain sensing vs non

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScarletandGrey

Reaction score
Driving into work today, my passenger side wiper stopped working. A quick check once I got to work showed that the wiper moves freely by hand which leads me to believe the linkage is broken. I've done some searching and it looks like a relatively easy fix. However, trying to look up parts I'm finding linkages that specify without rain sensing. 1. is there really a difference in the linage between rain sensing wipers and non rain sensing wipers. 2. If not, why the specific notes. 3. if there is, where do I even look because I'm not finding anything specifying it works with rain sensing wipers.

Thanks in advance,

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving into work today, my passenger side wiper stopped working. A quick check once I got to work showed that the wiper moves freely by hand which leads me to believe the linkage is broken. I've done some searching and it looks like a relatively easy fix. However, trying to look up parts I'm finding linkages that specify without rain sensing. 1. is there really a difference in the linage between rain sensing wipers and non rain sensing wipers. 2. If not, why the specific notes. 3. if there is, where do I even look because I'm not finding anything specifying it works with rain sensing wipers.

Thanks in advance,

1. I have no idea.

2. Did you use one of the online Ford part's sites and enter your VIN? That would narrow the search to the correct part.

3. I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the rain sense wipers (that I hate and turned off) but have not replaced the wiper transmission.

I used one of the online part's catalogs using my VIN and it only shows one part: FL1Z-17566-A (Arm and Pivot Shaft). It shows a Rain Sense processor and motor separately.

Last edited: