2017 Expedition EcoBoost coil packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about the 4th gens, but all the 1st thru 3rd gens don't burn out coils unless they get wet. Either by coolant dripping on them, or pressure washing. If your clean happy, start wrapping the coils before you clean. And if you've got a coolant leak, fix it now. Doesn't matter what coil brand you buy, wet is wet. Electricity and water don't get along. Don't believe it, try bringing a Hair dryer into your bubble bath, and see what happens. Be sure your life insurance is paid up first!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

? Two different engines.

I agree,
The coil packs on these are notorious for dying young. I’ve gone through my share in my 126,000 miles on my 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are they burning out without getting wet? If so Ford dropped the ball, Again. Let me guess, the Oem coils are made in China!

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are they burning out without getting wet? If so Ford dropped the ball, Again. Let me guess, the Oem coils are made in China!

Yes. They do. Mine have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I installed the MSD coils and the vehicle does run better. I installed new plugs (with anti seize). It seems to have a little more pull at higher RPM. I'm happy.

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '06 went thru OEM coil packs like it was on a snack break. And no, they never got wet.
I put in accel's, bought a set of 8 for half the price of the OEM's and never had a problem in over 50k miles.

OP
OP
Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered the coils from the MSD website. I used the 2016 F-150 to match up the coils to the engine.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Motorcraft or Autolite (they make the Motorcraft)

What do you sell? Something large that requires the Expedition or just like driving the big vehicle?
I think he sells caskets ....:emotions36:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69