2017 Ford Expedition Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife advised me that she is having trouble with the Expedition recognizing her key when starting. She even tries and removes her key from her purse and place it near the dash. Is this a key fob battery problem or something else?
Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife advised me that she is having trouble with the Expedition recognizing her key when starting. She even tries and removes her key from her purse and place it near the dash. Is this a key fob battery problem or something else?
Thanks

Since purchasing my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 new, the system intermittently and randomly has displayed “No Fob Detected” after starting the vehicle with the push button start.

I returned to the dealer several times under warranty for this problem, but each time I was told there was no problem and no codes stores. I took a picture of the warning to show them - which they said there was no problem (I changed fob batteries initially after each warning).

To this day, now with 80,*** miles - the vehicle continues to display this message randomly.

Since new, it has also display “Trailer Wiring Fault” messages in the same manner. I have never towed a trailer or hooked up any wiring harness to the four or seven pin connectors.

The vehicle has never been wrecked or damaged.

I am convinced that this issue is a design flaw from Ford, and they do not care about fixing it or helping their customers. Their dealers are clueless on how to troubleshoot a defect or problem.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my '17 Limited. The dealer seemed confused and wasn't clear on a possible fix.

Went to this website. Guys immediately said it was a fob battery issue. Problem solved.

mtn5

Reaction score
Change key fob battery, like others said and go from there. Also, if it occurs and the truck will not detect it, there is a key fob holder on the inside back of the center console that will detect the key fob even when the battery is dead.