2017 Limited No navigation voice prompts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently bought a used 2017 Limited, has Sync 3 and navigation. I noticed today that my I am not getting any voice prompts for my navigation directions. The screen prompts are there, and if I ask it to repeat the prompt from the right MFD display, it will say them, but they don’t occur automatically. I have not been able to find how to get them to come on in the settings. On the settings, I have it set for voice and sound prompts. What am I doing wrong?
I did get Forscan and enabled Bambi mode and Fog light DRLs - would that have done something to them?
Thanks!

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Highly doubt the FORScan changes you mention had anything to do with the Nav prompts.

When you have a route loaded to you still have the voice mute symbol on your Nav/map screen?

OP
OP
Z

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Well, after further perusal of the manual, I tried the voice command to turn on voice prompts, no joy. Then tried to turn them off and back on again with the voice commands, and low and behold, they work now. Thanks for listening!