2018 Center Console Bezel Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abc123

Reaction score
Ours is starting to do the same thing. Our bumper to bumper warranty just ended in September. I complained about it when I took my car in yesterday for park brake errors. They said they’d consider it damage not a factory defect and it wouldn’t have been covered. Quote to fix it was $1,900 CND. Said it isn’t just the decal sticker crap, you need to replace the ENTIRE console. Crazy. Ford should be ashamed for putting in a glorified chrome decal. Even if I paid to fix it, the problem would continue indefinitely.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. My 3 year warranty will end 12/30. Had seen this post and looked at mine and seen the trim ring starting to have laminate failure. Went to Ford Dealership and had the Ford Service Tec look at it. He said he had seen many doing this and went ahead and ordered a complete console assembly. He stated that if I came in January it would have been out of warranty. Imagine that! Appears that the tray should be just a replacement item. He said....No. Console assembly he said is $2200 cost without labor. I rather find that hard to believe. Seems the tray assembly would be an easier item to replace at way less than the whole console. Crazy.........

miamiwise

Reaction score
12/30 just had center tray replaced on my 2019 XLT console. FYI. The center tray is replaceable without replacing the whole console assembly.
I found the front panel assembly. Is this what you replaced, or did you find just the center tray that surrounds the shifter and cup holders? Do you have a part number that you can share? Thanks

Reaction score
Anyone think the bezel could be wrapped. Or would that be extremely difficult?

My gray paint is peeling as well and looks hideous and the chrome trim around it is bubbling. Very cheap looking .

You would think someone has come up with a aftermarket piece to swap it all out.

kcutts

Reaction score
My 2019 is staring to peel as well. It's crazy that you have to replace the entire console!!! Anyone come up with any ideas?

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had mine doing the same thing. Just the center bezel assembly was replaced. No need for the whole console to be replaced. This was done before it went out of warranty in 12/21. Just an FYI.

sjcuth

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 thats got this issue, I'm going to disassemble and either paint the chrome or wrap it, Once it's complete I'll try and post a how to, as even $500 for a replacement thats probably going to do the same thing is outrageous.