2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you paid $3500 for a just a correction and a ceramic application (including wheels), I think you got taken. :-(

I paid $3500 for correction, ceramic, wheels, tinting and wrapping 50% of my suv from one of the best shops in my state.
I had some clear bra applied to the running boards, door sills, and around the rear bumper. All window tint. Interior stain protection. It was the package for a new car.
Also, prices will vary based on location.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had some clear bra applied to the running boards, door sills, and around the rear bumper. All window tint. Interior stain protection. It was the package for a new car.
Also, prices will vary based on location.

Sounds like we paid a similar amount. I forgot the guy at the shop did the protection on the seats and the running boards on mine too.

Surprised you didn’t wrap your hood? That’s what takes the most abuse from rocks etc.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like we paid a similar amount. I forgot the guy at the shop did the protection on the seats and the running boards on mine too.

Surprised you didn’t wrap your hood? That’s what takes the most abuse from rocks etc.
There were no templates available at the time I took it in, I ordered as soon as the order banks opened and took delivery of one of the first ones in my state. He said he could do the hood but the front grill would be expensive since it would be a custom cut job he would have to perform so I passed.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There were no templates available at the time I took it in, I ordered as soon as the order banks opened and took delivery of one of the first ones in my state. He said he could do the hood but the front grill would be expensive since it would be a custom cut job he would have to perform so I passed.

Was the $3500 discounted to account for not covering your front bumper/panels and hood? They take the most abuse. If not maybe they’ll add it for you at low/no cost now the next time you bring it in for a detail? Xpel ultimate plus is absolutely incredible stuff. Traded my last SUV with 60k miles on it and the hood was still like glass. Not a single chip on the leading edge (and we take the highway to ski country almost every weekend).

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the $3500 discounted to account for not covering your front bumper/panels and hood? They take the most abuse. If not maybe they’ll add it for you at low/no cost now the next time you bring it in for a detail? Xpel ultimate plus is absolutely incredible stuff. Traded my last SUV with 60k miles on it and the hood was still like glass. Not a single chip on the leading edge (and we take the highway to ski country almost every weekend).
The price was for the services I got. I wouldn’t want to put clear bra over the ceramic coating just to have to coat over the film. At this point I’m 3 years in, vehicle is long since paid for, and I haven’t had any issues on the hood yet. I did squeeze down a narrow forest service road and wish I had film on the sides then... ugh I can still hear the scraping noise. Luckily, no marks from that.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The price was for the services I got. I wouldn’t want to put clear bra over the ceramic coating just to have to coat over the film. At this point I’m 3 years in, vehicle is long since paid for, and I haven’t had any issues on the hood yet. I did squeeze down a narrow forest service road and wish I had film on the sides then... ugh I can still hear the scraping noise. Luckily, no marks from that.

Interesting...the silver must really hide micro scratches well! Glad I got the same color lol

Either way, up north the leading edge of the hood gets pelted with sand/salt/road debris in the winter. Probably not an issue in the south.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting...the silver must really hide micro scratches well! Glad I got the same color lol

Either way, up north the leading edge of the hood gets pelted with sand/salt/road debris in the winter. Probably not an issue in the south.
I think the ceramic was enough to ward off any small tree branch scratches. We don’t have the sand/salt stuff down here so there is a lot less debris getting kicked up.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the ceramic was enough to ward off any small tree branch scratches. We don’t have the sand/salt stuff down here so there is a lot less debris getting kicked up.

What ceramic did you use? Scratch resistance is kinda suspect to me (but I’m a big ceramic fan)