2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 XLT last month. I’ve swapped the front and rear lights for LEDs and installed a Kicker Key amp to fix the sound.

8-CCD602-C-3761-4433-A5-C4-E5-C038-CDB8-FC.jpg

Do you have the 12 speaker system? How big of improvement was adding the Key amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXP543

Reaction score
I have the 9 speaker system. Adding the Key amp was a big improvement. It is impressive how it corrected the sound. Overall, I seem to want to turn it up now, rather then turn it down. My next step is to switch out the speakers, but no rush at this point.

Last edited:

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 9 speaker system. Adding the Key amp was a big improvement. It is impressive how it corrected the sound. Overall, I seem to want to turn it up now, rather then turn it down. My next step is to switch out the speakers, but no rush at this point.

Any chance you could write up a how to on adding the key amp?

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We may look at them after ours are out of car seats/boosters or whatever is after car seats... that may put us around 2024. We really want something we can pull our overland trailer with deep into the middle of no where and not be worried about something tech related on our Navigator stranding us which, by then, will be 6 years old, over 100k, and out of extended warranty.

Would you get the LC as an addition or replacement to the Navigator? I would think addition, right?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you get the LC as an addition or replacement to the Navigator? I would think addition, right?

Depends on how reliable the Navigator has been up to that point. If we feel it’s a safe bet to keep it into high mileage we’ll keep it. In a perfect world we’d have a vehicle that is comfortable and roomy for long family road trips and one to tow and overland with. We really screwed up getting the Navigator because our bar is set too damn high now in regards to creature comforts...I’m almost ashamed of how quick we got spoiled.

EXP543

Reaction score
Any chance you could write up a how to on adding the key amp?

It was pretty simple. I purchased a Ford T Harness off Amazon and wired the Key amp to it as per the directions. There are plenty of YouTube videos to show how to open up the dash if you search using F150. I zip tied the amp behind the sync screen. You will see three studs used for some optional equipment that I don’t have, so it was a perfect spot for the amp. Otherwise, I grounded it to one of the studs and ran a 12ga power wire to the passenger floor fuse panel. I used a micro add a circuit to the 20a factory Amp circuit(no factory amp in my truck). The final step is to connect the microphone and run the tune. Oddly enough, I like the tune using the Pink Noise off YouTube better then the lab quality Pink Noise off the Kicker website. The cool thing is you can click the button on the mic to revert back to the factory sound. You will be amazed by the difference.
Now, if I can just add a subwoofer without taking up cargo space, I’d be all set.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986