2018 Width

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slay

Reaction score
I had a 2007 Ford Expedition. I had no issues parking it in the 1 car portion of my garage. It was "tight" but not real difficult to park. I used to fold my side view mirrors and drive right in.

With the 2018 being 4 inches wider with mirrors folded is anyone having issues parking their new truck in their garage or anywhere else (i.e shopping centers). I guess I am wonder if the car really is 4" wider or is it just the way Ford did the measurements on the 2018.

Measuring my garage it will fit but I am concerned it may be a challenge every time I park it. Due to my driveway I need to enter the garage at a slight angle and straighten it out while partially in the garage.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the exact same width as my old 2013 Silverado 1500 so if you know someone with one of those try it out in your garage and for parking. Wheel base is smaller on the Expedition and the turning radius is better so if you can park a Silverado you'll have no trouble with an expedition

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2007 Ford Expedition. I had no issues parking it in the 1 car portion of my garage. It was "tight" but not real difficult to park. I used to fold my side view mirrors and drive right in.

With the 2018 being 4 inches wider with mirrors folded is anyone having issues parking their new truck in their garage or anywhere else (i.e shopping centers). I guess I am wonder if the car really is 4" wider or is it just the way Ford did the measurements on the 2018.

Measuring my garage it will fit but I am concerned it may be a challenge every time I park it. Due to my driveway I need to enter the garage at a slight angle and straighten it out while partially in the garage.

The turning radius on mine is really shockingly small and I have a similar issue as you do when approaching and entering my garage. I have the regular length and to make the turn into my garage is really sharp, my drive way is on the corner of a 4 way so I’m making a 90° turn which brings me to my driveway and then another 90° in the opposite direction into my garage and I park in the closer (most difficult) spot. The first few times were a little nerve racking since my Navi was a giant leap in size vs. the vehicle I replaced but it seems to feel a lot smaller than it actually is while driving. I included a pic of my garage entry for reference. 2A91EF0D-FD4E-4735-9D64-7221F378DBBA.jpeg

JennyD

Reaction score
The turning radius on mine is really shockingly small and I have a similar issue as you do when approaching and entering my garage. I have the regular length and to make the turn into my garage is really sharp, my drive way is on the corner of a 4 way so I’m making a 90° turn which brings me to my driveway and then another 90° in the opposite direction into my garage and I park in the closer (most difficult) spot. The first few times were a little nerve racking since my Navi was a giant leap in size vs. the vehicle I replaced but it seems to feel a lot smaller than it actually is while driving. I included a pic of my garage entry for reference. View attachment 26151
Wow! I feel much better about my upcoming garage gymnastics.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife loves how agile and mobile the truck can be. She flips u turns like poker chips and makes reasons to do it with passengers in the car lol.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m currently driving a SCrew f150 and am looking forward to the 14” shorter wheel base and 10” in overall length.

The 2018 seems to have gone full allowable width (79.9”) which is what I’m used to. I rented a 2017 for a week last year and liked the narrower body. It just fit in my garage better. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The specs say 84” width for the 18’ Expedition. The Explorer is actually slightly wider than the 03’-17’ Expedition according to ford (78.8 for the expy and 78.9 for the explorer). It seems the new expy is about 5” wider than the previous model.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This puts the 18’ Expedition at 4” wider than the old Excursions 80” width

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member