2019 Platinum tow setup with enclosed car hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightyexpy

Reaction score
My setup.
2019 Platinum with HD tow package.
-24’ Trailer with car, my tools, fuel jugs etc: ~6,900lbs.
Averaging 12.5mpg cruising around 70mph.
Using Reese weight distribution hitch with anti-sway bar.
Tows pretty well…coming from an excursion with a fully built powerstroke 6.0 with a power max turbo setup, which makes towing a breeze.
Been towing with this setup the past year and so far pretty happy with it. Not much sway driving by semis or gusts of wind, but as expected from a multi-link rear suspension it’s not as stable as a solid rear axle when towing.
Just had my thermostat replaced under warranty (noticed temps hitting 230 under certain loads while towing) and had to get the trans reprogrammed, but other then that… so far so good.

594BDE7F-88A6-4144-953E-5F778B13C7A6.jpeg

Cramalotinn

Reaction score
I have about the same set up as OP, only with a 6000lb, 30 ft camper. I just picked up a '18 expy. I'm using an equalizer II weight distribution hitch. Should I be concerned pulling down the highway with the factory set up/sway bar? I'm taking it to have the hitch/tv re-leveled soon

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
My setup.
2019 Platinum with HD tow package.
-24’ Trailer with car, my tools, fuel jugs etc: ~6,900lbs.
Averaging 12.5mpg cruising around 70mph.
Using Reese weight distribution hitch with anti-sway bar.
Tows pretty well…coming from an excursion with a fully built powerstroke 6.0 with a power max turbo setup, which makes towing a breeze.
Been towing with this setup the past year and so far pretty happy with it. Not much sway driving by semis or gusts of wind, but as expected from a multi-link rear suspension it’s not as stable as a solid rear axle when towing.
Just had my thermostat replaced under warranty (noticed temps hitting 230 under certain loads while towing) and had to get the trans reprogrammed, but other then that… so far so good.

View attachment 72818
Nice setup! Any idea what your tongue weight is? I've been starting to think about a tow setup for my Jeep. Would probably be a similar weight, I'm worried that I'd be at pretty much max payload before adding any gear/passengers in the Expy.

kbot

Reaction score
Wow 12.5 mpg? I have an 18 Limited with tow package and a similar 24' trailer. I'm lucky to get 8mpg with the trailer empty. That's cruising at 75mph.

OP
OP
M

mightyexpy

Reaction score
I have about the same set up as OP, only with a 6000lb, 30 ft camper. I just picked up a '18 expy. I'm using an equalizer II weight distribution hitch. Should I be concerned pulling down the highway with the factory set up/sway bar? I'm taking it to have the hitch/tv re-leveled soon
I still have factory sway bars.
My hitch has a anti-sway integrated

OP
OP
M

mightyexpy

Reaction score
Wow 12.5 mpg? I have an 18 Limited with tow package and a similar 24' trailer. I'm lucky to get 8mpg with the trailer empty. That's cruising at 75mph.
Yeah this was probably my 7th or 8th time and worst I got was 10.7 on a very windy day going about 75mph
Mine is equipped with the 3.73 final gear which I’m sure helps