2019 Turbo lag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
I have about 40k on a 2019 I had the trans replaced at 30k for a diffrent issue. Recently only a handfull of times the truck will fall flat on its face while accelerating. (Not from a stop and not full throttle either.) It feels like the transmission slipped into neutral but the engine does not rev like its in neutral. No check engine lights everything else seems ok. Has anyone else experienced this im thinking maybe turbo lag. Im just worried its might be something with the trans again.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have about 40k on a 2019 I had the trans replaced at 30k for a diffrent issue. Recently only a handfull of times the truck will fall flat on its face while accelerating. (Not from a stop and not full throttle either.) It feels like the transmission slipped into neutral but the engine does not rev like its in neutral. No check engine lights everything else seems ok. Has anyone else experienced this im thinking maybe turbo lag. Im just worried its might be something with the trans again.

Seems the notorious CDF drum issue. If you have a scanner, check the code.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shouldn't have anything to do with the turbo's, even with completely non-functional turbos, the engine RPM's would still rise if you're accelerating, just slower than with the turbos. definitely sounds like tranny. I've had this happen a couple times in the last few months too. Trying to ignore it, as I really can't think about my truck sitting at a dealer for 2 months while not getting worked on and not having a loaner.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems the notorious CDF drum issue. If you have a scanner, check the code.
I was thinking this at first till he said it wouldn't rev. Mine revved up every time it fell on it's face. Definitely was in a false neutral scenario. Not saying it's not, but that part is puzzling.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking this at first till he said it wouldn't rev. Mine revved up every time it fell on it's face. Definitely was in a false neutral scenario. Not saying it's not, but that part is puzzling.
makes sense. may be the neutral out issue, which is "better". lol

OP
OP
X

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies I was hoping that when they replaced the trans last year I got the upgraded cdf drum but I probably just missed it. The neturaling out has only happened a handfull of times so it catches me off guard and kind of throws you forward in the seat so its hard to grab a quick glimpse of the tac and what gear im in.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
major safety issue with the neutral out thing. What will it take for Ford to officially recall the CDF drums? perhaps some injuries? Some litigation?

OP
OP
X

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to check it for codes but i will soon. I have no check engine light on at all. Even when I had the trans replaced last year no lights.