2020 Expedition Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joann D

Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased a 2020 Expedition Platinum a year ago in November and am still trying to figure out some of the safety features. I had a 2010 without all the fancy bells and whistles and lived it.

My question is this...has anyone run into the alarm going off when I leave the dog in a kennel in the truck and lock up to run into a store. I talked to a mechanic who said the battery needed to be looked at. The only time the alarm goes off is when the dog is in the truck... It may be a safety feature but I dont want to leave the truck unlocked. Can anyone suggest a fix?? Or do I have to live with it

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased a 2020 Expedition Platinum a year ago in November and am still trying to figure out some of the safety features. I had a 2010 without all the fancy bells and whistles and lived it.

My question is this...has anyone run into the alarm going off when I leave the dog in a kennel in the truck and lock up to run into a store. I talked to a mechanic who said the battery needed to be looked at. The only time the alarm goes off is when the dog is in the truck... It may be a safety feature but I dont want to leave the truck unlocked. Can anyone suggest a fix?? Or do I have to live with it

Did you read your vehicle’s owner’s manual - especially the portion on vehicle security?

You can set two levels of security with the factory alarm system. One includes sensing inside movement, which can be disabled with only outside perimeter sensing enabled.

Read your manual which has instructions on the features, and to enable and disable the inside motion detector.

If you don’t have a manual - you can look up the manual online.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Were you able to resolve your issue?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire