2020 GM SUVs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the new GMs to be unvieled in a cpl of weeks and their build dates in a mnth, how do you feel about what we know so far. In the latest spy shots, they look fairly similar to their pickup base, ehich i dont rele like. The silverado looks like jason vorhees in all but the highest trim lvl. The sierra is passable, but i do like the denali trims look. If the escalade remotely looks like the xt6 or ct5, itll be a disaster. Also, those pickups have gotten very lukewarm receptions in regards to their interior so i kinda expecr the interiors to be the same in these new utes except the escalade. And again, if its like the xt6, itll be a disaster. For those looking to upgrade their expys, are the new gms potential candidates? How about downsizing to a full sized crossover?

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well didnt gm start the trend of fs suvs looking like crossovers. Most of the current designed suvs have that crossover shape and gm was one of the first to adopt it in 05 with their 07 model suvs.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GMs SUVs always lead the pack, and generally are starkly different from their pickups. The current tahoe doesn’t resemble the 14-18’ Silverado in any way imo. I’m sure the suv will be unique styling.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually gm use the same parts for their pick ups and suvs, almost moreso than its competitiors. The 2nd gens used same exterior and interiors, the third gens used the same interiors(top trim pickups) and now their fourth gen, though less so then the previous gens, still use select parts like mirrors, seats, etc. Looking at the spy shots, the mirrors and most likely seats will be carried over again. Also, the headlights look almost identical to the pickups as well. I feel like theyll go the truck route and massage the interiors, not put in new ones.

I always liked how ford usually tried to make the expy distinct enough from the f150 amd super duty without following the svelt crossover look that others adopted, but i guess it was unrealistic to avoid forever. I still like the looks of the expy, it could be a tad more aggressive. I also wished they went with a different interior look as well.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Disagree.

Think Ford should've gone as close as humanly possible to F150 or F250 with Expedition, leaving full crossover duty to Flex or Explorer or something

All the "distinct" points are weaknesses, and furthermore an economies of scale problem... the distinct parts cost a lot more than F150 or Superduty stuff.