2020 running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joel Schroeder

Reaction score
I didn't notice this when I bought my 2020 XLT, but do the different trims have different headlights? I see some of the others on the road with the "C" shaped running lights on the outer edge. Mine doesn't have that. Is that something that can be changed out?

TIA

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe you could, but you'd have to swap for the Full LED models, which unless you can find them used are stupid expensive and they are sealed units.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't notice this when I bought my 2020 XLT, but do the different trims have different headlights? I see some of the others on the road with the "C" shaped running lights on the outer edge. Mine doesn't have that. Is that something that can be changed out?

TIA

The ones with the c shaped led strip are the optional headlights on ltd and plat(std) trims. They are unavailable on any xlt. Unfortunately, there is no way to retrofit the led units to the vehicles not equipped as the actual housing is shaped different to hold the harness and won't allow the unit to fit on the trucks without them originally. Most ppl on here (myself included) just bought led bulbs online and changed them out. It's pretty easy to do for the most part.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ones with the c shaped led strip are the optional headlights on ltd and plat(std) trims. They are unavailable on any xlt. Unfortunately, there is no way to retrofit the led units to the vehicles not equipped as the actual housing is shaped different to hold the harness and won't allow the unit to fit on the trucks without them originally. Most ppl on here (myself included) just bought led bulbs online and changed them out. It's pretty easy to do for the most part.

I stand corrected, thanks for the details @dlcorbett.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of us were disappointed about the news when the 4th gens were released.

Goclmbmnt

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no way to retrofit the led units to the vehicles not equipped as the actual housing is shaped different to hold the harness and won't allow the unit to fit on the trucks without them originally.
dlcorbett, the wiring harness is different, but the housing is the same. its a direct swap out for the halogen. I really didn't like the halogens on my 2020 XLT so I found the LED housings on Ebay and had a custom harness made up to adjust the stock harness to accommodate for the LEDs. There are other threads that go into more detail on it.