WHat or how can I change the look - 2020 Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prenticect

Reaction score
I am coming from a 2018 to a 2020. I liked the lines on the 2018 over the 2020 as the 2020 seems more "smooth" overall. and looks like an oval. That is an exaggeration, but something like that. I don't like that look. This also has the Chrome package, and I am not a fan of such. Why I have this then? Given that 2018 was falling apart on me, I needed to swap out, and given the used market, I got a great deal on this one, but it has the chrome package. it is a Platinum 4x4 MAX.

I managed to ****** the front fender about 2 weeks after having it :(:mad: Which sucked, but I need to replace the front bumper. So generic questions? Can I just swap out all the chrome stuff? Can I put in a Stealth front end? I know the stance is lower for this truck vs my old one which does not help the look I like. I will be changing tires, and the little lift a few years from now. The truck was not cheap, like you all know, so I have to do this very slowly as I can afford it.

Sorry a wide open question here... and I fear it will be too expensive to swap out all the chrome parts, plus unsure I can do it all myself. So seeing what input I can get. THANKS

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could get the chrome stuff wrapped. Many of us have done the beltline like on my limited. As a chrome hater, Ford went a little crazy with the chrome on those Platinums, good luck.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2018-2021 are the Exact same design for the body? I am confused.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suppose you could track down the stealth parts? You could do a vinyl wrap to make whatever suits you on anything. I added black letters to the script on the back of mine. Found it in eBay or Amazon. Amazon I think. Did you get a newer one than a 20? Those are same as earlier ones.

OP
OP
P

prenticect

Reaction score
HA! Sorry, I had a 2017, the last one before the aluminum body.

I have debated looking at Stealth parts for sure. I have a hard time figuring out where the junk yards are. The shipping for the body parts is too much. One thing is the 2017 had factory fender flares. That helped with the look (I think). And yes, I get the use of Chrome, but man just so much. The new Expy was ordered with the Chrome package. Whoever ordered this thing added every option (even the seemly foolish DVD headrest). ???? barely drove it.

I am hesitant about a wrap. my reason is it is specific body parts, like the grill that would be better to replace. BUt then I know the headlamps are Chrome based as well, and then suddenly this whole thing gets super expensive.

Thanks for the input!!!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try copart or lkq for junkyard parts.

think another junkyard listing I’ve used was cars-parts. I know I tracked down pieces one time via a site like that. Told contact info and usually a price when you did a search.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto manufacturers equate luxury with overdone chrome and crappy wood grain. I hate it.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad my 'new' 2019 has the Stealth package with the black trim bits. I chose the Stealth because those were the only ones I found with the HD tow option. Bummer they came with stupid 22" wheels, I had to swap mine for 18" in prep for my extended Mexico road trip... Really happy so far. Posting this from Villa Corona, Jalisco, tomorrow we head to Boca de Iguanas on the coast...

Attachments

• PXL_20230915_203532196.jpg
    PXL_20230915_203532196.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
P

prenticect

Reaction score
Well, I will admit I was stupid in the question and not realizing something I already knew. When looking at the Super Duty, I did not like the Limited trim for a variety of reasons. The interior is all good, but 22" wheels on a Super Duty I don't like. So, in looking at different grill types, I realized they were all different, specific to trim level. Now, the inside of the Expy is awesome, and there is only one place with fake wood, so it is not really bad at all. But yeah, I want to change a whole lot to make it a Steath exterior package. Good news, I understand the answers given and I know what is needed. Between the wheels and many front end parts and such, this is more than I want to take on. Well more than I can afford to take on :) I will see if I can find anyone that might want to swap wheels; but I don't have high hopes. Not sure anyone with the 20" or even 18" blacked-out wheels for the 22" chrome type wheels.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a set of 18" wheels that were F150 "take-offs" then flipped my 22s on craigslist. WAY easier than trying to upgrade a XLT to a Limited Stealth.

PXL_20230915_203532196-X5.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani