2021 Expy Options & News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t believe they retooled to make it an 8 way seat. Would think amortization over maybe a decade run of this platform would make it a nonissue and might even piss more than a few wives off on a test drive.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
★STX Package
5-Passenger Seating

What is the 5-passenger seating option?

Does it remove the third row and give more room in the second row??

Thanks

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doubt it, just third row delete and flatter load floor.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, its the little things that sorta irk me. They dumped the windshield wiper de-icer (did it ever really work anyway?) and now the passenger power seats are 8-way instead of 10-way. SiriusXM is now down to 3 months free from 6. Big deal? Not really, just irksome. Oh they also deleted the conversation mirror, lol.

personally I hate that stupid mirror!

I deleted SiriusXM on day one - removed it from the media options and I shred everyone of those letters asking me to renew - if they had 1/2 a clue they'd check there records and discovered that its NEVER been used in any of our cars, not even ONCE.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without a deep analysis of the entire order guide, there are some obvious "de-contenting" issues. The 302A package used to share the nicer, polished wheels with the Platinum. Now both are given the same plain-looking (by comparison) wheels. Then, the best value package Special Edition used to be a 301A option. Now it looks like it requires upgrading another trim level to the 302A package, which already includes 22" wheels, and no longer includes the HD towing pkg. When I ordered, the 301A Special Edition Package was a little over $3,000 cheaper than a similarly equipped 302A even though they shared pretty much the same equipment--with the exception of six-spoke wheels instead of polished Aluminum ones. Now, the six-spoke wheels appear (to me) to be the more attractive of the bunch. And it's too bad that there's no option to delete the hands-free, foot-operated lift gate in the higher trims since it's so problematic. Glad I bought when I did.

Glad we picked up our 2019 SE when we did as well!

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
personally I hate that stupid mirror!

I deleted SiriusXM on day one - removed it from the media options and I shred everyone of those letters asking me to renew - if they had 1/2 a clue they'd check there records and discovered that its NEVER been used in any of our cars, not even ONCE.
I agree on the mirror, I could never make out the faces of the people that it was trying to show me! Sat rad is a complete joke as well. I can remember when Sirius and XM were separate. The sound was rich and full. Now it's compressed to shit imo. I only ever had a subscription once when living in a remote area. The drive to anywhere that had a decent radio signal was 4.5 hrs. So yeah we "splurged" for Sat Rad. Ever since being in metro area we never did re-subscribe.

All that to say that I mentioned those items not because I was going to miss them (or even most of us won't either) it was more a sign of them removing the little things.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree on the mirror, I could never make out the faces of the people that it was trying to show me! Sat rad is a complete joke as well. I can remember when Sirius and XM were separate. The sound was rich and full. Now it's compressed to shit imo. I only ever had a subscription once when living in a remote area. The drive to anywhere that had a decent radio signal was 4.5 hrs. So yeah we "splurged" for Sat Rad. Ever since being in metro area we never did re-subscribe.

All that to say that I mentioned those items not because I was going to miss them (or even most of us won't either) it was more a sign of them removing the little things.

The SiriusXM provided is nothing more than a bait and switch...im guessing they pay for the radio or they give ford a monthly kickback for new subscriptions.

Agree on the compression....IF I listen to music, theyre AAC Files (not great but better than MP3s), and even then its over a WIRED connection (not that bluetooth crap)!
Hell I prefer OTA TV just because its a better (uncompressed & sharper) picture!

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would they remove conversation mirror? This is marketed as a family vehicle. I use the mirror all the time to keep an eye on my 3 year old sitting in the second row. Just not sure I understand some of these - ******** - decisions they make over in Dearborn.