2021 KR with no fix radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A week after purchase I lost Blue Tooth and XM If I hit the master rest it will come back until shut down for 1 hour sometimes, also loads very slowly over 20 minutes or not at all.. Dealer has been good. Did a bunch of updates and replaced the radio. No joy. The dealer has been going around with Fords Global Technical Assistance Center. The last from them was "the ACM and the APM are contributing to the concern." Further, "monitor OASIS for any new information" As best as I can figure out there is a codeing error that they are aware of and are working on. Oh, they also recommend that no additional parts be installed at this time.
My interpation of the above is they are aware of the issue but don't have a fix for it. In other words I am pretty much screwed.

Does anybody know how to get hold of the GTAC by phone. Every number I come across ends up at customer service. Been there done that to no avail.
tia.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A week after purchase I lost Blue Tooth and XM If I hit the master rest it will come back until shut down for 1 hour sometimes, also loads very slowly over 20 minutes or not at all.. Dealer has been good. Did a bunch of updates and replaced the radio. No joy. The dealer has been going around with Fords Global Technical Assistance Center. The last from them was "the ACM and the APM are contributing to the concern." Further, "monitor OASIS for any new information" As best as I can figure out there is a codeing error that they are aware of and are working on. Oh, they also recommend that no additional parts be installed at this time.
My interpation of the above is they are aware of the issue but don't have a fix for it. In other words I am pretty much screwed.

Does anybody know how to get hold of the GTAC by phone. Every number I come across ends up at customer service. Been there done that to no avail.
tia.

Perhaps you could explore your state’s “Lemon Law” and determine if you qualify for a repurchase or replacement of your vehicle?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some dealers will replace the APIM, which should fix the issue.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford is aware of this issue with SXM. From what I have heard there is a fix but no rerelease date given. Replacing components will do nothing. It is a software issue.

OP
OP
F

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any thought as to how I could reach out to them and maybe move thing along?

OP
OP
F

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps you could explore your state’s “Lemon Law” and determine if you qualify for a repurchase or replacement of your vehicle?
I don't think I want to go through all the BS for a radio. They should be able to repair it.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any thought as to how I could reach out to them and maybe move thing along?
Some folks have had luck contacting Ford customer service and have had cases opened for them.

OP
OP
F

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some folks have had luck contacting Ford customer service and have had cases opened for them.
I did that. It was an exercise in frustration. I established a case number, had a number of phone conversations and emails only to find out that they can only move or interact with the dealers service department. The dealer is not the issue in this case. The fix is coming from or through the Global Technical Assistance Center. They are not surprisingly, unreachable. The dealer is subservient to them as well.