2021 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giovanniburtonsr

Reaction score
So just before thanksgiving I purchased a 2021 expedition limited with 20 k miles & purchased the ford extended warranty. Went on a road trip which was about 1600 miles. I noticed a grinding noise at low speeds. Took it in to the dealership they told me I had a bad transfer case..They said it would be weeks to get in the parts or a new one. When the parts came in they said the damages has also ruined the pinion gear & another gear in the front differential & has to be rebuilt. All took about 6 weeks to get back. I questioned the repair as I stopped by the dealership & seen almost the entire bottom of my truck laying on the floor. She awaited me it was done that way & the tech are very skilled. It’s been about a week & I only purchased this for family road trips & less then 20 miles since I picked it up. My steering is off, truck sways, seems to have harder steering, lack of power & a huge clunk in switching gears. The truck is a 2021 but was sold in march of 2022 which when the warranty became active. What do I do? They are saying they don’t have any available openings till late February to get it back in. I know time is of the essence. Can I get a buy back? I purchased it from another dealer & only reason was it is still under factory warranty.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So just before thanksgiving I purchased a 2021 expedition limited with 20 k miles & purchased the ford extended warranty. Went on a road trip which was about 1600 miles. I noticed a grinding noise at low speeds. Took it in to the dealership they told me I had a bad transfer case..They said it would be weeks to get in the parts or a new one. When the parts came in they said the damages has also ruined the pinion gear & another gear in the front differential & has to be rebuilt. All took about 6 weeks to get back. I questioned the repair as I stopped by the dealership & seen almost the entire bottom of my truck laying on the floor. She awaited me it was done that way & the tech are very skilled. It’s been about a week & I only purchased this for family road trips & less then 20 miles since I picked it up. My steering is off, truck sways, seems to have harder steering, lack of power & a huge clunk in switching gears. The truck is a 2021 but was sold in march of 2022 which when the warranty became active. What do I do? They are saying they don’t have any available openings till late February to get it back in. I know time is of the essence. Can I get a buy back? I purchased it from another dealer & only reason was it is still under factory warranty.

You need to consult an attorney that specializes in consumer law in your state to answer your questions and determine a course of conduct for the warranty repair of your vehicle (or if it is eligible for a lemon law repurchase).

I am not an attorney and do not work for one.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like to me it needs an alignment and power steering fluid. The transmission needs to be reprogrammed as well. The sway is part of the truck and you will need to take care 0f that on your own unfortunately by upgrading the sway bar or replacing the shocks.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was this a certified pre owned vehicle?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire